- 55,475 hits
- “Liar, liar! Pants on fire!” Who can afford to tell the truth about translation quality… and who can’t?
- The price of translation – why is it like buying a second-hand car? #xl8
- Are bad translators driving out the good?
- Translator Pay: Will waving a magic wand be enough to make the pain of international payments disappear?
- Paying translators – let’s stop tearing out our hair and just fix the system!
Monthly Archives: April 2011
I have often observed that while many translators and project managers may be skilled users of a number of sophisticated software tools, they sometimes lack some really simple skills in Word. Like for instance knowing how to find and replace tabs or paragraph and … Continue reading
“It all started out as a joke,” recalls UK-based Polish translator @transliteria. “My mum just made the best pierogi!” For those who haven’t yet been swept up in the new global food sensation, pierogi are small, delicious dumplings originating in Poland. The … Continue reading
What translator hasn’t had the exasperating experience of trying to squeeze text into a table that was created for a completely different language? Narrow columns for words that are now too long and wide columns for words that are now very short. … Continue reading