- 55,369 hits
- “Liar, liar! Pants on fire!” Who can afford to tell the truth about translation quality… and who can’t?
- The price of translation – why is it like buying a second-hand car? #xl8
- Are bad translators driving out the good?
- Translator Pay: Will waving a magic wand be enough to make the pain of international payments disappear?
- Paying translators – let’s stop tearing out our hair and just fix the system!
Monthly Archives: August 2011
You’d be hard pressed to find a translation provider who didn’t shout from the rooftops that they produce translations to the highest possible level of quality. How about “We guarantee to deliver your work to a quality standard third from … Continue reading
Sometimes, how we translators run our professional lives and operate our businesses seem to be under threat. Human translators, although usually sceptical, cannot avoid observing the growing influence of machine translation and perhaps wondering how long will it be before a piece … Continue reading
Is OpenBorder just another translation job board – or will it offer something fundamentally more valuable?
Bridging the gap What is OpenBorder? Is it just another translation job board trying to catch a middleman’s fee for putting buyers and sellers together? Or does it offer something tantalizingly different? Online translation marketplaces and job boards have been … Continue reading