- 55,505 hits
- “Liar, liar! Pants on fire!” Who can afford to tell the truth about translation quality… and who can’t?
- The price of translation – why is it like buying a second-hand car? #xl8
- Are bad translators driving out the good?
- Translator Pay: Will waving a magic wand be enough to make the pain of international payments disappear?
- Paying translators – let’s stop tearing out our hair and just fix the system!
Monthly Archives: May 2012
In a previous post I suggested that the share of the global translation pie available to professional translators is not shrinking in favour of machines or crowdsourced amateurs, but rather the whole pie is expanding – potentially to everyone’s ultimate benefit. As … Continue reading
In 2004, I remember picking up a magazine from a street kiosk in Milan because it had an article which predicted that within 10 years or so, Italians would be speaking English at work and the local language would only be … Continue reading