- 268,533 hits
- Technique: The calculus of translation
- “Brilliant translations” happen when the translator gets beyond the words and grasps the inner meaning. Here’s how to do it…
- Nice or nasty? Which translators finish first?
- Collusion and betrayal in the translation industry—which do you choose?
- Will the best and most talented translators benefit from the disruptors?
Monthly Archives: August 2011
You’d be hard pressed to find a translation provider who didn’t shout from the rooftops that they produce translations to the highest possible level of quality. How about “We guarantee to deliver your work to a quality standard third from … Continue reading
Sometimes, how we translators run our professional lives and operate our businesses seem to be under threat. Human translators, although usually sceptical, cannot avoid observing the growing influence of machine translation and perhaps wondering how long will it be before a piece … Continue reading
Is OpenBorder just another translation job board – or will it offer something fundamentally more valuable?
Bridging the gap What is OpenBorder? Is it just another translation job board trying to catch a middleman’s fee for putting buyers and sellers together? Or does it offer something tantalizingly different? Online translation marketplaces and job boards have been … Continue reading