- 312,720 hits
- Technique: The calculus of translation
- “Brilliant translations” happen when the translator gets beyond the words and grasps the inner meaning. Here’s how to do it…
- Nice or nasty? Which translators finish first?
- Collusion and betrayal in the translation industry—which do you choose?
- Will the best and most talented translators benefit from the disruptors?
Monthly Archives: January 2013
“Liar, liar! Pants on fire!” Who can afford to tell the truth about translation quality… and who can’t?
When everyone else is shouting that they deliver “quality”, is there some trick translators can use to get paid more for doing a better job? Is there some realistic way for customers to figure out if you are telling the … Continue reading
What comes to mind when you think about used car salesmen? The words “sleazy”, “disreputable”, “untrustworthy” or “con man” perhaps? Of course, this assessment may be totally unfair to used car salesmen… But the market for translation has many similarities … Continue reading