- 253,074 hits
- “Brilliant translations” happen when the translator gets beyond the words and grasps the inner meaning. Here’s how to do it…
- Nice or nasty? Which translators finish first?
- Collusion and betrayal in the translation industry—which do you choose?
- Will the best and most talented translators benefit from the disruptors?
- “Liar, liar! Pants on fire!” Who can afford to tell the truth about translation quality… and who can’t?
Tag Archives: Freelancer
Are translation industry players locked into a self-defeating paradigm where they end up taking actions which are against their own best economic interests? In this post, I look at the translation industry in terms of a prisoner’s dilemma—the canonical example … Continue reading
Paying and getting paid – it’s a pretty touchy subject. Few of us are immune from strong feelings on the subject. In a previous post, I looked at what freelance translators felt were the main frustrations of getting paid across different … Continue reading
Is OpenBorder just another translation job board – or will it offer something fundamentally more valuable?
Bridging the gap What is OpenBorder? Is it just another translation job board trying to catch a middleman’s fee for putting buyers and sellers together? Or does it offer something tantalizingly different? Online translation marketplaces and job boards have been … Continue reading