- 312,720 hits
- Technique: The calculus of translation
- “Brilliant translations” happen when the translator gets beyond the words and grasps the inner meaning. Here’s how to do it…
- Nice or nasty? Which translators finish first?
- Collusion and betrayal in the translation industry—which do you choose?
- Will the best and most talented translators benefit from the disruptors?
Tag Archives: localization
So the source document for your translation is a PDF – and it contains some complex tables! You just want to copy and paste them directly into your Word document so you can overtype the text with your translation… Right? … Continue reading
Would language service providers be eager to compete for work in an online auction? “Not likely!” might be the expected response. Unless… Certainly some big language providers have been lured into competing in reverse auctions. In 2005 Common Sense Advisory … Continue reading
Jamie Kruger is out in the marketplace raising the next round of funding for OpenBorder – a multilingual, multi-currency platform which allows small and medium-sized firms to trade globally – in real time. Jamie has raised the cash before – … Continue reading
Language service providers (LSPs) are the hidden facilitators of globalization, but their own businesses are typically still locally based. The industry is a fast growing one and it is expected be worth $38 billion by 2013. Great rewards await those LSPs … Continue reading