- 312,720 hits
- Technique: The calculus of translation
- “Brilliant translations” happen when the translator gets beyond the words and grasps the inner meaning. Here’s how to do it…
- Nice or nasty? Which translators finish first?
- Collusion and betrayal in the translation industry—which do you choose?
- Will the best and most talented translators benefit from the disruptors?
Tag Archives: Machine translation
One of the few things we can count on is that “things change”. When I started out as a translator we used typewriters and listened to music on cassette tapes. We got our translations typeset on photographic paper—a revolution that … Continue reading
In 2004, I remember picking up a magazine from a street kiosk in Milan because it had an article which predicted that within 10 years or so, Italians would be speaking English at work and the local language would only be … Continue reading
Sometimes, how we translators run our professional lives and operate our businesses seem to be under threat. Human translators, although usually sceptical, cannot avoid observing the growing influence of machine translation and perhaps wondering how long will it be before a piece … Continue reading