- 312,720 hits
- Technique: The calculus of translation
- “Brilliant translations” happen when the translator gets beyond the words and grasps the inner meaning. Here’s how to do it…
- Nice or nasty? Which translators finish first?
- Collusion and betrayal in the translation industry—which do you choose?
- Will the best and most talented translators benefit from the disruptors?
Tag Archives: Small business
Are translation industry players locked into a self-defeating paradigm where they end up taking actions which are against their own best economic interests? In this post, I look at the translation industry in terms of a prisoner’s dilemma—the canonical example … Continue reading
One of the few things we can count on is that “things change”. When I started out as a translator we used typewriters and listened to music on cassette tapes. We got our translations typeset on photographic paper—a revolution that … Continue reading
Paying and getting paid – it’s a pretty touchy subject. Few of us are immune from strong feelings on the subject. In a previous post, I looked at what freelance translators felt were the main frustrations of getting paid across different … Continue reading
Is someone taking an unjustified cut from the payments you receive from your local or foreign customers? Do you always receive the full amount you are owed when you are paid? Or is a proportion of your income disappearing into bank … Continue reading